Academic Achievement – I/GCSE results 2019
- 62% overall 9/8/7/A*/A grades
- 49 pupils (55%) gain at least three 9/8/A* grades
- 38 pupils (41%) of all pupils gain at least five 9/8/A* grades
- 7 boys (8%) gain nine 9/8/A* grades
- 339 exams (41%) awarded 9/8/A* grades
- 800 exams (97%) awarded 9-4/A*-C grades
- 100% A* in Further Mathematics (including two A**)
- 60% of Greek and Religious Study & Philosophy papers graded 9/8
- Half of all Science papers (Biology, Chemistry and Physics) graded 9/8
- Half of all History papers graded 9/8
- Seven in ten English Literature papers marked 9/8/7
- Seven in ten Mathematics papers marked 9/8/7
- 85% Geography papers marked 9/8/7
Kareem Shurafa (also eight 9 grades, an A* in his HPQ and A** in Further Mathematics) has been a key member of the School’s Drama Department, not only studying the subject for his GCSE exams but appearing in School productions. He collected his results a week after his big brother Suleiman achieved straight As at A-Level.
Nicholas Berezovsky (eight 9/8 grades) achieved his grade 8 violin while in Year 10 and spent much of his GCSE year taking part in the LCO Music Junction project, mentoring primary school children.
Benjamin Weisz (nine 9/8 grades) is a keen and talented Debater, representing the School in competitions across the country. He will go on to study Classical Greek and Latin in the Sixth Form, following his big brother Asher who achieved entry to Oxford University to read Classics in the previous week’s A-Level results.
Rayaan Bhatti (nine 9/8 grades) and Aryan Sutaria (seven 9/8 grades) are both integral members of the School’s 1st XI cricket squad, which won the county cup this summer.
|Approximate GCSE Grade Comparisons|
Academic Achievement – A-Level results 2019
- 100% pass rate
- Nine pupils (13%) achieve straight A*/A
- A quarter of pupils (26%) achieve two or more A*/A
- Half of all students (49%) gain at least one A*/A
- 85% of all exams marked A*-C
- 60% of all Mathematics papers marked A*/A
- Every exam in Music, Latin, Classical Greek and Further Mathematics awarded A*/A
- Two pupils achieve entry to Oxford
Oxford University will welcome both Arjun Cheema (A* A* A* A* A) and Asher Weisz (A* A* A*), reading Chemistry at Wadham College and Classics at Balliol College respectively.
Alex Richardson (A* A A A) will study Computing at Imperial College London
Dhiren Harji (A* A* A B) and Yenuson Venderkoon (A* A A B) will study Economics at Warwick
Imad Rajput (A A A A) will study Medicine at Imperial
Nathan Cuttica (A A A) will study Philosophy at St Andrews
National school league tables – 2019
- At A-Level we are ranked 17th of all boys’ independent schools nationally (The Times)
- At A-Level we are ranked 206th of all independent schools nationally (The Daily Telegraph)
- At GCSE we are ranked 21st of boys’ independent schools nationally (The Times)
- At GCSE we are ranked 132nd of all independent schools nationally (The Daily Telegraph)