John Lyon is a leading independent coeducational HMC day school, based in Harrow-on-the-Hill in Northwest London.
Academic excellence is at the very heart of what John Lyon achieves for the 600 pupils who study here. We give pupils a good grounding in all the major academic subjects. Dedicated teachers work to develop learning skills, creativity and the ability to apply. Building on this platform, our pupils perform well from the point they join us – whether at age 11, 13 or 16 – and achieve excellent results in public examinations at GCSE and A-Level. Most students gain places at leading UK universities and then move on into the workplace in a huge and varied range of valued professions.
Academic Achievement – IGCSE results
- 24% of all pupils achieved a Grade 8 or 9 in at least six subjects
- 47% of all pupils achieved a Grade 7 or above in at least six subjects
- 33% of all grades awarded were Grades 9-8
- 57% of all grades awarded were Grades 9-7
- 86% of all grades awarded were Grades 9-5
Academic Achievement – A-Level results
- 11% of all grades awarded were A*
- 21% of students achieved at least 3 A*/A grades
- 32% of students achieved at least 2 A*/A grades
- 83% of all grades awarded were A* to C