John Lyon is a leading independent boys’ HMC day school, based in Harrow-on-the-Hill in north west London.
Academic excellence is at the very heart of what John Lyon achieves for the 600 boys who study here. We give pupils a good grounding in all the major academic subjects. Dedicated teachers work to develop learning skills, creativity and the ability to apply. Building on this platform, our boys perform well from the point they join us – whether at age 11, 13 or 16 – and achieve excellent results in public examinations at GCSE and A-Level. Most students gain places at leading UK universities and then move on into the workplace in a huge and varied range of valued professions.
Academic achievement – 2018
- 38% of all GCSE exams awarded the highest A*|9|8 grade
- 40% of all grades in the three Sciences A* with 17 boys getting straight A* in the Sciences
- 97% A-Level pass rate
- Entry to both Oxford and Cambridge
- 54% of students accepted to Russell Group Universities
- 1 in 5 students secured places in the University of London