John Lyon is a leading independent boys’ HMC day school, based in Harrow-on-the-Hill in north west London.
Academic excellence is at the very heart of what John Lyon achieves for the 600 boys who study here. We give pupils a good grounding in all the major academic subjects. Dedicated teachers work to develop learning skills, creativity and the ability to apply. Building on this platform, our boys perform well from the point they join us – whether at age 11, 13 or 16 – and achieve excellent results in public examinations at GCSE and A-Level. Most students gain places at leading UK universities and then move on into the workplace in a huge and varied range of valued professions.
Academic achievement – 2019
- 100% A-Level pass rate
- Half of all A-Level students achieved an A*/A
- 60% A*/A in A-Level Mathematics
- Successful entry to leading universities and courses including Chemistry at Oxford, Classics at Oxford, Medicine at Imperial, Economics at Warwick, Philosophy at St Andrews, Music at Durham and Architecture at Nottingham
- 62% overall 9/8/7/A*/A grades at GCSE
- More than half of all GCSE pupils awarded at least three 9/8/A* grades
- Half of all GCSE Science papers graded 9/8