Open Days at John Lyon provide an excellent opportunity for future young Lyonians and their parents to see the School in action.
There are two main open days each calendar year: a weekday Open Evening in Spring and a Saturday Open Day in Autumn.
These Open Days are designed for boys seeking to join the School at all three main entry points: Year 7 (11+), Year 9 (13+) and Sixth Form (16+).
In October we also host a Sixth Form Open Evening, designed for students who are considering a John Lyon education in Years 12 and 13 in preparation for Higher Education and the workplace beyond.
Pupils typically join John Lyon from a North London, West London and North West London catchment area, including Harrow, Wembley, Stanmore, Pinner, Watford, Rickmansworth, Northwood, Ruislip, Hillingdon, Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Southall, Ealing, Acton, Edgware, Brent Cross, Finchley, Barnet, Camden, Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, as well as parts of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire.
Open Day – Saturday 28th September 2019
9.30am – 12.00pm
Please note change in date, previously Saturday 21st September
Sixth Form Open Evening – Wednesday 9th October 2019
5.00 – 7.00pm
At each event we invite you to:
- See aspects of academic, extra-curricular and co-curricular life enjoyed by John Lyon boys
- See Sport, Music, Drama and Art in action
- Meet John Lyon teachers and pupils and ask them about School life
- Talk to the School’s heads of department and year group heads
- Receive a personal or small group tour of the School, led by one of our current pupils
- Hear from the John Lyon Head, Katherine Haynes, the Head Boy and other pupils
- Learn about Bursaries, Scholarships, School transport, School lunches, entrance examinations
- Enjoy light refreshments in the School’s dining hall
We understand that selecting the correct school can often be difficult and daunting for parents, so we hope these Open Days provide the opportunity to get to know John Lyon, what we believe and stand for, and what we can offer your son.
We are always happy to answer any questions you may have about admissions. Please contact our Registrar, Rebecca Davies, at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 020 8515 9443