This position will involve contact with children and will amount to ‘regulated activity’.
Start date: ASAP
Job type: Permanent/Term-time only
- John Lyon School, Middle Road, Harrow-on-the-Hill, HA2 0HN
- John Lyon Prep School, Quainton Hall, Hindes Road, Harrow, HA1 1RX.
Weeks: 34 weeks per annum (term- time)
Hours: 8:30–16:30, Monday to Friday (35 hours per week)
Salary: SCP 59 FTE salary £35,827 (actual salary £27,282 based on 0.7615% FTE)
- Competitive terms and conditions of employment
- Fees remission for children of staff
- Use of the John Lyon School’s Sports Centre, including swimming pool
- Discounted membership to Harrow School’s Golf Club
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Access to our free Employee Assistance programme
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- Opportunities to be part of the wider school community
- Free hot beverages all year round
John Lyon is looking to hire a Transport Coordinator, Monday – Friday 08:30 to16:30; there is the potential for overtime outside these hours if the need arises. The following duties and responsibilities are intended to give a broad indication of the variety of tasks covered by the role:
- Drive School owned or hired minibus with up to 16 passenger seats, for time-tabled lessons or off-site events;
- Allocate minibuses/vans on request and co-ordinate casual drivers daily schedule;
- Book MOTs, safety inspections and servicing;
- Report vehicle faults and organise repairs with local garages;
- Report accidents to insurance company and subsequent correspondence;
- Providing safe, comfortable and efficient transportation, ensuring all passengers wear a seatbelt (unless medically exempt); ensuring the safe boarding and alighting of passengers;
- Maintain an accurate individual driver hours log;
- Perform daily routine vehicle inspection and maintenance, including: check tyres (condition and pressure), oil, coolant, fuel, windscreen wash, brakes, lights etc;
- Administer and monitor onsite parking allocations;
- Carry out routine daily, weekly and other periodic checks as required by service and operational requirements and manuals, including periodic readings of the various utility meters located across the school campus, condition and operation of general lighting, self-closing fire doors, window fasteners, and report faults;
- Perform miscellaneous duties assigned by the Head of Estates to support the department.
- It should be noted that a job description is not an exhaustive list of activities, and employees may be asked to carry out other duties commensurate with the grade of the post. The job description may also be amended to take account of changed circumstances, and employees will be consulted if this is necessary.
The transport department is integral to the overall smooth running of the school. Transport sits within the Estates and Facilities sector, covering both Senior and Prep schools. Daily driving tasks vary from; collection and drop off of John Lyon pupils, shuttle runs between both campus’, trips to neighbouring schools, the John Lyon Sports Grounds (Sudbury), Forest School, excursions/trips.
Completed applications should be returned to [email protected]
Please be aware that CVs alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 10am on Friday August 18th 2023.
Please apply as soon as possible.
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and we reserve the right to make an appointment before this date, should a suitable applicant be found.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and students. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our students and staff.