Required for September 2023
The School is seeking to appoint an outstanding teacher to lead a successful department from September 2023.
John Lyon is an independent day school in Harrow, North West London. Having been a senior boys’ school for 145 years, the school has recently announced its move to coeducation, beginning in September 2021, and an amalgamation with local prep school Quainton Hall, making it an all-through 4-18 school with attached nursery.
The successful candidate will be well-qualified, organised, energetic and ambitious. The post would suit a teacher with leadership potential or leadership experience who has excellent subject knowledge and is passionate about Physics. A willingness to contribute to the extra-curricular life of the School is essential.
- Competitive salary, above that of the maintained sector;
- Membership of the competitive Harrow Corporation DC Pension Scheme, which includes an additional 6% salary enhancement on top of the core salary scale;
- Fees remission for children of staff;
- Surface Book for every member of teaching staff;
- A commitment to continuing professional development;
- Complimentary lunch during term-time;
- Use of the School’s Sports Centre, including swimming pool;
- Discounted membership to Harrow School’s Golf Club;
- Cycle to Work Scheme.
For further information and to apply please refer to the job description, person specification and application forms at the bottom of the page.
Completed applications should be returned to [email protected]
Please be aware that for Safeguarding reasons, CV’s alone will not be accepted.
Closing date for applications: 10:00am, Tuesday 2nd May 2023.
The likely interview dates for this post are Tuesday 9th and Wednesday 10th May 2023.
Please apply as soon as possible.
Applications will be assessed in order of receipt and we reserve the right to make an appointment before this date, should a suitable applicant be found.
The School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the post, including checks with past employers and the Disclosure and Barring Service.
As a provider of employment and education, we value the diversity of our staff and pupils. We are committed to providing a fair, equitable and mutually supportive learning and working environment for our pupils and staff.