The Sports Mentoring Programme fosters the development of elite sports performers and selected Sports Scholars. The programme nurtures development in a sporting environment whilst giving guidance on academic performance. The programme is tailored to meet the individual needs of each pupil to support and monitor preparation, progression and performance throughout his time at School.
- Weekly meetings to discuss sporting performance, organisation and academic performance management.
- Sports Science Workshops exploring how preparation and recovery can encourage peak performance.
- Injury prevention through consideration of training and performance management.
- Link to older pupils to help leadership skills and a pupil-centred approach.
- Goal setting for both sporting and academic performance.
- A Personal Development Portfolio, enabling links between coaches, parents and teachers to allow key information to be shared, ensuring each boy performs at his best.
Pupils typically join John Lyon in Years 7, 9 and 12, largely from a North West London catchment area including Harrow, Wembley, Stanmore, Pinner, Watford, Rickmansworth, Northwood, Ruislip, Hillingdon, Uxbridge, Ickenham, Northolt, Southall, Ealing, Acton, Edgware, Brent Cross, Finchley, Barnet, Camden, Westminster, Kensington & Chelsea, Hammersmith & Fulham, as well as other parts of Middlesex, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Hertfordshire.